Tujuan

Tujuan : 1. Meningkatkan penggunaan blog sebagai media sosialisasi dan informasi pendidikan khususnya pendidikan nonformal dan informal. 2. Meningkatkan partisipasi para pelaku dan pemerhati pendidikan dengan memanfaatkan fasilitas internet terhadap isu-isu pendidikan khususnya pendidikan nonformal dan informal.

Senin, 05 Oktober 2009

What are you going to do with the rest of your life?

This is the kind of question no one in this world could exactly answer. I find it hard too.


I first heard this phrase several years back when I bought *The Essential Barbra Streisand" (2002) album and initially, it meant nothing. But don't get me wrong here, I've always loved this song (originally sang by Ms. Streisand in 1974 for "The Way We Were", album) but it's not until yesterday, this phrase really got me and struck me to the bottom.

I am always this kind of person who loves to make plans about my future and the same kind of person who likes to sit around, envisaging every possibility in life. And moreover, pondering on what I can do better to adorn this "mundane" life of mine. And this kind of habit may not only haunt the rest of me but later it goes rampant as I persuade, turning to driving others to do what I think it's good and necessary. It's like making a campaign over *CREATING YOUR BIG DREAMS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE' - what's too late about it? It's like imposing to be heard while my life is still a zilch of interminable struggling.

I am always the one with many big dreams and that's my identity I get whenever I'm around my family, relatives and friends. Whenever they want to have somebody to talk to about wreathing their dreams, I will be their perfect partner. Because I'm always optimistic and do hold on to the faith of pursuing the dreams and the impossible. But the reality now is half the opposite. I can't continue to college and my Hollywood dreams seem so far away beyond what I can reach.

I was never been chided for my lack of conviction in life and will never be, I guess. Meanwhile my 15-year-old younger sister is more of an easy-going type. She takes life for what it is and makes a more realistic plan. She knows how to "chill" and put her feet up every now and then. One of the bad qualities I hate about myself is my occasional laziness. I can't predict when it is coming but its sudden emergence makes it unfeasible to be defeated straightforwardly. It will take tons of seconds to "recuperate" my spirit to be good to GO.

And recently, when I sat around watching a DVD (one of my favorite activities), my mom was telling off my sister to wake up from her nap and as I quote, "You should do something with your life! Do something useful. You have a whole life-span to fill and it won't get somewhere unless you start to take responsibility for your life. What do you think will happen to you in the next five or ten years?!"

Hearing the last question, I was surprised that I haven't been fully understood about the meaning of "pursuing one's dreams". It's not about exclaiming the words to the world but it's more about being brave enough to take the steep steps and dealing with risky business.

And that's exactly what I'll be doing for the rest of my life.

Source : http://www.thejakartapost.com/

0 komentar: